Wednesday 3 December 2008

Dolls!


Check out this cute little lady! A couple from church are heading back to the Democratic Republic of Congo early next year to work in a hospital there, and they are trying to get a whole lot of dolls together to take with them for the kids there. There are children there who are either orphaned or are there because their mums have been raped and have come to the hospital for treatment. There are no toys for them to play with, so I'm very happy to have signed up to make some dolls.... although I think I might have said I'd make 20.... what was I thinking?!!

If I can track down a scanner somewhere I'm hoping to get the pattern for this doll up on my free patterns page (which currently only has one pattern - I should say my free pattern page!). It's fast to make and uses only small scraps of fabric.

No comments: