1/2 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup icing sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup blackberry jam (or other smooth, seedless jam)
1 1/4 cups Orgran gf SR flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp bicarb
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup plain yoghurt mixed with 2 tsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Grease a 20cm cake tin and put baking paper on the bottom
- Beat butter, sugar, icing sugar till light and creamy
- Mix jam well with a spoon to break up any gooey bits, add to butter etc with vanilla
- Add eggs and mix well
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder together
- Fold in 1/2 of flour mixture, then milk, then other 1/2 flour etc, then yoghurt
- Pour into tin, bake 45mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave in tin for 15 mins then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- Ice with something yummy (eg vienna cream).