Thursday 26 February 2009

Stencil fun


Today I had one of those rare (for me!) occasions when an idea in my head came out just as I had planned ... I've been trying to come up with a stencil to use on a striped shirt - something with enough interest to be interesting, not too busy given the loud background and something that works with the stripes rather than against them. This seems to have worked pretty well.

I've done this trial run on one of JoJo's manky kindy shirts - excuse the stains (it actually covered up quite a few horrible marks!).

I used freezer paper for the stencil - what a FUN craft idea! When I went to cut the stencil I was horrified to discover that my trusty stanley knife is now far more broken than trusty, but fortunately I could do this shape with scissors. We used to have a scrapbooking shop literally around the corner from us, and much as I loathe and detest scrapbooking I did venture inside the shop one day and bought a superb pair of ultra sharp scissors which are perfect for stuff like this :)

No comments: