Friday 19 September 2008

Decisions, decisions

Spent an interesting morning this morning. One of our local schools is planning a Montessori program to run alongside its "normal" program and the principal talked to some playgroup friends and me about it this morning. It sounds pretty good on the whole, but I'm a bit worried about there being an "us and them" culture created at the school with the 2 diff programs, and I'm also worried about how the other teachers will feel about the Montessori kids getting such fantastic resources etc. I'm hoping to do some supply work at the school (maybe before the end of the year?) to suss out what's going on behind the scenes. Even though JoJo doesn't start prep until 2010 the primary school we pick will effect what she does next year for kindy. I just have to keep telling myself that kids are resilient and it doesn't reeeeeally matter what we pick. Hmmmm.

We're also trying to make some decisions re: Jeremy's work etc for next year. I can't really go into details here (oooh the suspense) but there are a couple of options and the one which seems more worthwhile also seems more scary and unknown. I was reading my new book (Amy Carmichael) last night and a couple of quotes from her stood out to me.... "to any whom the Hand Divine is beckoning: count the cost, for He tells us to, but take your slate the foot of the Cross and add up the figures there" ....... "Satan is so much more in earnest than we are - he buys up the opportunity while we are wondering how much it will cost". Wow that woman sure had a way of getting to the heart of the matter.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I'm with you on the difficult school decisions Lucy! Though I'm a year ahead of you and we need a decision very soon. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on that particulay school.
Donna