Wednesday 14 May 2008

Mmmmmmmm......

I've been meaning to post a recipe that I made tthe other day so I don't forget it, so here goes....

Curried Roast Vegetable Pie
1 onion, in wedges
2 small zucchini, in chunks
2 capsicum, in chunks,
small broccoli florets, approx 1 cup
small potato, in small chunks
tin lentils
med sweet potato, thinly sliced
2 sheets puff pastry
couple of tbsp korma curry paste
oil
milk, to brush pastry

Heat oven to 220C. Put onion, zucchini, capsicum, broccoli, potato in baking tray, add 2 tbsp olive oil and some salt, stir around. Bake approx 35min.

Line square tin with baking paper, put one sheet pastry in bottom - put in oven with veges for about 10 mins, to cook a bit.

Remove veges, stir through lentils and curry paste. Reduce oven heat to 200C. Layer sweet potato slices over pastry in tin, add other veges and cover with other sheet of pastry. Brush with milk and bake approx 30 mins. Yummo!

*I've adapted this recipe from the "Roast vegetable and Hummus Pie" in the April 2008 ABC Delicious magazine.

I took some photos of the pie but they looked foul so I won't post them... I don't think I have a career in food photography ahead of me!

No comments: